The general objective is to provide participants with an up-to-date, basic knowledge on the six concepts selected for the 4thgeneration of nuclear systems (SFR, LFR, GFR, V/HTR, SCWR, MSR):
• describe the main characteristics sof each concept,
• formulate their design, performance and safety aspects,
• discuss the technical challenges they are faced with for future development.
Tutorials for pre-designing innovative reactors.
Generation IV International Forum (GIF) and 4thgeneration systems
- General context, evaluation criteria, the six concepts selected.
- Increased performance for energy conversion: innovative cycles.
- Materials issues and development of advanced components.
- Safety aspects of 4th generation reactor concepts.
Sodium-cooled Fast reactors (SFR)
- Principles, past and existing reactors, and background knowledge.
- SFR core design, performance and safety.
- The choice of sodium coolant: impact on design and operation.
- The ASTRID prototype reactor.
High Temperature and Very High Temperature Reactors(HTR and VHTR)
- Historical development of HTRs.
- HTR core physics.
Gas-cooled Fast Reactors (GFR)
- GFR core and system design, preliminary safety evaluation.
- The ALLEGRO demonstration reactor.
Lead-cooled Fast Reactors (LFR)
- Status of LFR development.
Supercritical Water Reactors (SCWR)
- SCWR principles, characteristics and challenges.
Molten Salt Reactors (MSR)
- Physics of MSR in the thorium fuel cycle.
Fuel cycle of 4th generation systems
- Closed nuclear fuel cycle and transmutation.
Responsable pédagogique :
Servane COSTE-LECONTEservane.email@example.com+33 1 69 08 48 07
Aucune session inter-entreprise n'est programmée pour le moment, si cette formation vous intéresse, merci de nous contacter.