• Describe the design and the fabrication of the nuclear fuels.
• Describe the fuel thermal and mechanical behaviour in reactor operation (mainly temperature and irradidation effects).
• Identify the main limiting phenomena (for safety and design).
Courses presented by Senior Experts of CEA.
Visits of RJH Site and LECA-STAR Hot Cell Laboratory
- Nuclear fuels fundamental.
- Fuel element thermal performance and temperature effects.
- Nuclear fuel behaviour under irradiation.
- Main limiting phenomena in the different types of fuel.
- Fuel behaviour during some off-normal conditions.
- Modelling of fuel behaviour.
- Fuel challenges for the future.
Minimum background: Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering.
Course organiser :
Program organiser :
Jean-Christophe KLEINjeanfirstname.lastname@example.org+33 4 42 25 79 58
If you are disabled, please contact the disability correspondent at the following address: email@example.com
No training session is scheduled for the moment, if this training interests you, please contact us.