• Describe the neutron interactions in a nuclear reactor.
• Compare the deterministic and probabilistic methods for solving the neutron transport equation.
• Identify the main sources of uncertainties in a neutronic calculation (deterministic or probabilistic).
The course is presented by three Senior Exports of the CEA involded for many decades in developing calculation schemes for fast and thermal reactor cores.
- Chain reaction and neutron balance.
- Transport equation and calculation schemes.
- Solving the steady-state integro-differential transport equation.
- Neutron slowing-down and resonance absorption.
- Verification & Validation of neutronics code packages.
- The Monte Carlo method.
- Monte Carlo techniques.
- Monte Carlo codes.
- Monte Carlo/Deterministic coupling and benchmarking.
Minimum background: Master of Science.
Course organiser :
Lorena MEIlorena.firstname.lastname@example.org+33 4 42 25 79 35
Contact pédagogique :
Jean-Christophe KLEINjeanemail@example.com+33 4 42 25 79 58
If you are disabled, please contact the disability correspondent at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
No training session is scheduled for the moment, if this training interests you, please contact us.